In order to become a mature, successful adult, it’s necessary every now and then to take a personal evaluation. Only then can we centre ourselves, acknowledge our strengths and recognise our weaknesses. This way, you can check the progress you’re making on your journey to self-improvement and see how far you have left to go. It’s also a way of helping you realise what you really want, and what you really need, in order to appropriately decide on your goals.
Respond to all of these questions on a separate piece of paper, like your diary. This way, you can have the whole thing physically in front of you or even pin it up on your wall. Alternatively, copy and paste this blog into a document and once you’ve completed it, print it out. Study them and make a checklist for reaching those goals.
Set aside about an hour to complete them. Take your time and THINK about your answers. But if you don’t finish it in one sitting, you can always come back to it later. Don’t rush it.
Quieten all negative thoughts and fears throughout this evaluation. Just give yourself in to introspection without worries about money, family, or lack of know-how.
Feel free to BE SURE of yourself. Are you ready to find out who you really are?
- My whole life I struggled with but then overcame what?
- What achievements am I most proud of about my life?
- What are 3 mistakes in life you’ve learnt the most from?
- What did you learn from these mistakes?
- What would I do in life if I knew I could not fail?
- What would I do in life if finances weren’t an obstacle?
- What would I do in life if I wasn’t afraid?
- What facets of life fascinate me the most?
- What am I greatly passionate about?
- What 5 skills or activities do I excel at doing?
- What 5 skills or activities could I improve at?
- What 5 skills or activities do I have no idea of my skill level because I have never tried them?
- When do I feel most content and alive? Around who? Doing what?
- What 5 features does my ideal partner have?
- The 5 most significant things in life are what?
- What 3 things do I enjoy doing regardless of the reward?
- I feel most authentic when I’m doing what?
- List 5 creative endeavours that are truly meaningful to humanity.
- If I could magically manifest 3 changes that dramatically alter the world for the better, what would they be?
- What’s the most significant way to help other people?
- How can I make my incredible contribution to society?
- When invited to pour my heart and soul into a project, what aspects of me will show up in the final product?
- If my only preference was 100% authentic self-expression, what would my life look like?
- What are 5 activities that have put me into a flow state, where I completely lost myself and became one with the activity?
- If I could walk into a library and instantly become a master of knowledge in any 3 topics, which would they be?
- Thinking about my past, what 3 professions have I at some point visualised doing, but ignored because they were simply too improbable or unrealistic?
- Given my own unique set of experiences, skills and insights, what are 3 things that I could achieve with my life that no one else could?
- What do I usually occupy myself with when left to my own devices?
- Who are 3 inventive people that I admire? What about them is so inspiring?
- What is worth dedicating my life to?
- What cause or achievement would be worth dying for?
- What’s the one thing I want my life to be about more than any other?
- Thinking about the times in my life when I woke up in the morning, thrilled to start the day. What was I looking forward to accomplish that day?
- In what ways do I like to be creative?
- What do I love to do so much that I would pay to do it?
- Which field or industry can I have the most impact in?
- Whose career do I or did I covet? Why?
- Where do I see myself in 10 years? What will my job, partner, and house look like?
- What exciting new possibilities exist in technology that I’m currently familiar with?
- What are going to be some exciting new trends in the next 10 to 20 years?
- What subjects at school did I excel in? Why?
- It would be a dream come true if I could make money and support my family by doing what?
- If I hush my logical mind for a minute and listen to my gut instinct, what is it telling me to do with my life?
- What legacy do I want to leave behind? What do I want to be remembered for?
- What’s always worth trying, even if I know I’ll fail?
- What does my higher self look like?
- What action am I taking to reach more of my higher self?
- How can I share more of my higher self with the world?
- What’s holding me back from achieving my goals?
- What is my ultimate, profound reason for living?
I hope with this evaluation you have a better idea as to who you are and what you want. Does your current life and current trajectory match up with the answers you’ve given? What changes do you need to make in order to get back on track? Start small. Start today. Even that 1% change every day can make the difference.